Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jgoggins <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2016/02/29 17:55:51 UTC

IdempotentConsumer usage

Hi,

I'm looking at the IdempotentConsumer to prevent duplicates.
http://camel.apache.org/idempotent-consumer.html

I have a camel endpoint that sees a list of objects come in. The list can
contain between 1 and N internal objects. I need to prevent the internal
object been a duplicate for a time period of time (say 5 mins). I was
looking for a way to create an Expression that would take the exchange,
ensure that the message type is correct, cast it and iterate through the
list of objects, getting and storing the hashcode of each object. This would
hopefully allow me to check for duplicates and remove them.

I just cannot get around how this is to be done using Expressions. Would
greatly appreciate any input on where to start.