Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hema Natarajan <he...@mindtree.com> on 2008/05/23 13:16:45 UTC

Problem in Configuring JBoss 4.2 with external ActiveMQ 5.1

Hi,
I am looking for the steps to configure JBoss with external ActiveMQ. Please
provide us.

We tried the following and it gave the exception as follows.

Modified jndi.properties file like...

# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING
#
#java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
#java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=tcp://172.22.37.98:61616
connectionFactoryNames = connectionFactory, queueConnectionFactory,
topicConnectionFactry
# register some queues in JNDI using the form
# queue.[jndiName] = [physicalName]
queue.MyQueue = example.MyQueue

And changed the port numbers in jboss-service.xml files.

Exception we got is...

javax.naming.NamingException: scheme java not recognized
at org.apache.activemq.jndi.ReadOnlyContext.lookup(ReadOnlyContext.java:211)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
at org.jnp.server.NamingBeanImpl.start(NamingBeanImpl.java:148)

Please do provide us some solution for this.

Thanks in advance.
Hema

Re: Problem in Configuring JBoss 4.2 with external ActiveMQ 5.1

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Here's some good info.

http://activemq.apache.org/integrating-apache-activemq-with-jboss.html

Joe