Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Igor Leturia <IG...@emun.com> on 2002/04/24 18:50:33 UTC

mod_ext_filter

  Hi!

  First of all, I must apologize as I am not exactly an Apache
developper, though I would like to help in some way. I am writing to
this list just to point out an error in Apache 2.0.35. The problem is
that the Windows distribution of Apache 2.0.35 doesn't include the
mod_ext_filter.so file, although the docs say that the module exists in
that version.

  Besides, I am interested in that module, so if someone could please
send me the mod_ext_filter.so file for Windows, I would try to help in
its development by trying it (I heard it is in an experimental phase
yet, isn't it?) and sending the results to this list.

  Thanks in advance,

				Igor Leturia

Re: mod_ext_filter

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"Igor Leturia" <IG...@emun.com> writes:

>   First of all, I must apologize as I am not exactly an Apache
> developper, though I would like to help in some way. I am writing to
> this list just to point out an error in Apache 2.0.35. The problem is
> that the Windows distribution of Apache 2.0.35 doesn't include the
> mod_ext_filter.so file, although the docs say that the module exists in
> that version.

FYI...  binary distributions don't contain experimental modules, and
for good reason...  experimental modules typically require more skill
on the part of the user in order to make effective use of them...  if
they are prebuilt for the masses, more hand-holding will be
required...  by the same token, somebody who has gone to the trouble
to build Apache themselves has a greater understanding of how the
pieces fit together and can solve some of the problems they encounter
(such as the fact that there is no project file for mod_ext_filter)

this is not to say that you won't get 3 copies of mod_ext_filter in
your inbox, most of which won't contain viruses; I have no idea if
anybody has ever built this for Windows, much less if somebody has a
copy handy which corresponds to Apache 2.0.35

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...