Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Noam Tamim <no...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/25 15:46:04 UTC

parsing svn proplist -Rv

Hi,

Has anyone here had success building a parser for "svn proplist -Rv" output?
It seems hard to parse, especially considering the fact that property values
can contain \n.

TIA,
Noam.

Re: parsing svn proplist -Rv

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 6/26/07, Noam Tamim <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It sure will be easier, but when can we expect version 1.5?
>
> Noam.
>

> On 6/25/07, Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2007b@ryandesign.com > wrote:
> > On Jun 25, 2007, at 10:46, Noam Tamim wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone here had success building a parser for "svn proplist -
> > > Rv" output? It seems hard to parse, especially considering the fact
> > > that property values can contain \n.
> >
> > It may be easier with svn proplist --xml which I believe is already
> > in trunk and will be released in Subversion 1.5.

As always: When it's done.

We hope to branch in September, with a soak period, that would mean a
release in late 2007. But... No guarantees, as I said: it's done when
it's done.

bye,

Erik.

Re: parsing svn proplist -Rv

Posted by Noam Tamim <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: parsing svn proplist -Rv

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Re: parsing svn proplist -Rv

Posted by David Kastrup <da...@gnu.org>.
"Noam Tamim" <no...@gmail.com> writes:

> Has anyone here had success building a parser for "svn proplist -Rv"
> output? It seems hard to parse, especially considering the fact that
> property values can contain \n.

I use the following for transferring properties.