Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Holger Breuer <Ho...@handelshof.de> on 2009/01/15 10:08:53 UTC

Deleting Temporary Directory

Hi,

after reading some papers, homepage and wiki and installing Jackrabbit
as JCA-Resource in Jboss
I have some simple questions about the configuration:

I want to store all configuration and data in a MySQL-DB. This is
possible without the
Lucene-Index and workspace-configuration-file. They are created in a
"workspace"
directory. After stopping Jboss, I'm able to delete the workspace
directory.

If the "default" workspace is the only workspace it will be created
after a restart. But other
new workspaces and data will not. They are persisted in the DB, but
after stopping and deleting
the workspace directory and restarting Jboss only the "default"
workspace will be created
with the current saved data. Any other workspace is not accessable any
more but still persisted in the
DB.

Does that mean, that the temporary-directory must not deleted ...
never? Or is it only a temporary directory,
when storing all other files in the database and my configuration is
not correct.

Cheers
HB

---
Handelshof Management GmbH
Viktoriastr.26 • 51149 Koeln (Germany)
Amtsgericht Koeln HRB 2078
Ust.-ID-Nr. DE 123064252
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Koeln
Geschaeftsfuehrer:
Dipl.-Betriebsw. (BA) Wolfgang Baer (MBA) (Sprecher)
Dipl.-Kfm. Kai Patrick Merleker,
Dr. Wilhelm von Moers
http://www.handelshof.de
---

Re: Deleting Temporary Directory

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Holger Breuer
<Ho...@handelshof.de> wrote:
> I want to store all configuration and data in a MySQL-DB. This is
> possible without the Lucene-Index and workspace-configuration-file.
> They are created in a "workspace" directory. After stopping Jboss,
> I'm able to delete the workspace directory.

The workspace directory *is* the workspace that you've created. The
fact that the actual content is stored in an external database is a
result of how the database persistence manager is implemented and
configured. Deleting the workspace directory removes the workspace
from your repository.

> Does that mean, that the temporary-directory must not deleted ...
> never? Or is it only a temporary directory, when storing all other
> files in the database and my configuration is not correct.

As mentioned above, the workspace directory is definitely not a
temporary directory and you should not delete it unless you really
want to get rid of a workspace.

BR,

Jukka Zitting