Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aravind Kumar <ar...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/17 14:28:00 UTC

Authentication and authorization

Hello,

I have just started to venture into Struts2 and I'm having a hard time
finding learning materials for "Authentication and authorization" concepts.
Could you please point out some resources ?

Thank you,
Aravind

Re: Authentication and authorization

Posted by Aravind Kumar <ar...@gmail.com>.
thank you :)

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aravind Kumar <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thank you ! And Apache Shiro is it worth trying for authentication and
authorization ?

Posted by vEnkaTa mohAna rAo SriperumbUdUru <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M. Rakowski" <ma...@rakowski.biz>.
a brief explanation for basic spring-security (only authentication)
configuration with struts:

Spring security is running as a filter in your web-app
(you need to make sure that it comes first before Struts).
For the filter-configuration take a look at (2.2.1):
http://static.springsource.org/spring-security/site/docs/3.0.x/reference/ns-config.html

Than you will have to provide a context file where you
define the whole configuration for Spring-security:
- <intercept-url pattern="" access=""/> : access roles for certain url
patterns
- <form-login login-page="your-struts-login-action" /> : configuration
for login
- <authentication-manager> : to provide a service for
user-authentication, like:
<authentication-manager>
  <authentication-provider
user-service-ref="your-authentication-service"> [...]

The last step is the implementation of the authentication-service
(http://static.springsource.org/spring-security/site/docs/3.0.x/apidocs/org/springframework/security/core/userdetails/UserDetailsService.html):
UserDetails loadUserByUsername(String username)
and UserDetails-Interfaces (your User-Bean).

For all authenticated struts-actions you can get UserDetail
by accessing
SecurityContextHolder.getContext().getAuthentication().getPrincipal()
(http://static.springsource.org/spring-security/site/docs/3.0.x/apidocs/org/springframework/security/core/context/SecurityContextHolder.html)

I hope i could help you with this short explanation which covers only
basic usage of spring.

Re: Authentication and authorization

Posted by Aravind Kumar <ar...@gmail.com>.
M. Rakowski,

Sorry for bothering again, How do I do that ? I searched for struts2 and
spring security integration but am not able to find any of the resources.