Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2004/01/27 08:31:27 UTC

Bugzilla entry for fo:retrieve-marker bug?

Hi!

I've encountered the bug mentioned in the below URL, in 0.20.5:
	http://java2.5341.com/msg/43345.html

Ie. that the stuff returned by fo:retrieve-marker get the formatting
of the marker, and not the formatting of where it's placed.

It's said to be a known bug, but I couldn't find an entry for it in
bugzilla.  Did I miss it, or don't it have a report.  If it doesn't
have a report, should I report it with a test case?

The place I encounter the bug, is when I'm trying to put section
titles into the header of DocBook XML documents.  The section headers
get a sans-serif bold font, while the rest of the header is in a
serifed plain font.  It does seem to pick the size from the header,
though.

I'm trying to think of a workaround.  I have no way of affecting the
marker itself, because my XSL:FO is genererated from the DocBook XML
source, using the DocBook XSLT style sheets.

I could change the section titles to the same serifed font as the body
text, but I don't wish to lose the bold face from the titles.

All hints, tips, tricks, and possible workarounds appreciated.

Thanx!

- Steinar

Re: Bugzilla entry for fo:retrieve-marker bug?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Steinar Bang wrote:
> It's said to be a known bug, but I couldn't find an entry for it in
> bugzilla.  Did I miss it, or don't it have a report.  If it doesn't
> have a report, should I report it with a test case?

Because the bug will not appear in the same for in the current
development code, it's somewhat redundant to file a bug for it
now.

J.Pietschmann