Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rahul Kirthivasan <he...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/18 15:51:06 UTC

Very basic questions

Hi ,

I am a Java newbie and I am trying to
use the Apache SOAP toolkit.

(1)
Why is that Tomcat is using different ClassPath
settings from the one in the System CLASSPATH
environment variable. Wouldn't it be much easier
if it used the System level ClassPath settings
in it's tomcat.bat ?

(2)
How do you view your current classpath from
the dos commandline ?

(3)If you modify the CLASSPATH env. variable, does
it take effect only after a reboot ?

(4) I do not have a C:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\rt.jar
which contains the java 1.3 classes in my classpath.
Still my programs compile fine. How does the
compiler manage to find the core java classes
if they are not in the class path.
Is some other method other than classpath involved
here ?

Thanks,
Rahul