Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Brad_CSG <se...@freelance-it.com> on 2009/06/08 17:08:02 UTC

ServiceMix & Oracle

Just wondering if anyone has an example showing the end to end implementation
of creating a service in ServiceMix which is either (or both) a consumer or
provider service where the endpoint is an Oracle stored procedure or
function or even an SQL statement of some kind???

I am wanting to connect an Oracle database to our app via the ServiceMix
ESB, but have found very little in the way of sample documentation available
which demonstrates the configuration files required in order to establish
this connection.  The most I've seen in terms of database connectivity is to
a MySQL database, and unfortunately that does not help - I would like to see
the configuration elements required to make a connection to an Oracle
database.

I am also interested to hear peoples points of view on the best method in
which to achieve this form of database connectivity.

Any/all assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Brad

Re: ServiceMix & Oracle

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Brad

I have made two things that use Oracle database as backend:
1/ I have a EJB deployed into an application server and that use a DAO
on Oracle. The EJB is used into SMX using CXF-SE.
2/ I have created a bean exposed using servicemix-bean. This bean uses a
DAO to execute a stored procedure inside Oracle.

Regards
JB

Re: ServiceMix & Oracle

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
You're welcome Brad.

I haven't yet fully completed the sample but you have a starting point :)

Regards
JB

Re: ServiceMix & Oracle

Posted by Brad_CSG <se...@freelance-it.com>.