Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andrew Pietsch <an...@pietschy.com> on 2009/01/23 06:16:47 UTC

Page processing events

Hi all,

I'm using fop to print in a desktop client application.  Currently
moderately sized documents (about 30 pages) are taking a long time to print
(up to a minute) and I really need to provide some kind of user feedback,
preferably by telling the user what page is being prepared or rendered.
I've downloaded the latest trunk with the fop.event code, but don't see any
"page X being rendered" style events.

Is there somewhere I could hack something like this in for my local build?

Thanks & cheers
Andrew

Re: Page processing events

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Right, that will provide the foundation, but when I wrote this, I
skipped on any progress feedback events. Sounds like you need something
like that. We probably need something like a ProgressEventProducer
interface for that. Feel free to add that functionality. Please yell if
you need help with the implementation and the documentation isn't good
enough, yet.

On 23.01.2009 11:50:22 bonekrusher wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> If you are using the trunk, you might find this useful:
>
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/events.html
>
> Phil
>

> Andrew Pietsch wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using fop to print in a desktop client application.  Currently
> > moderately sized documents (about 30 pages) are taking a long time to
> > print
> > (up to a minute) and I really need to provide some kind of user feedback,
> > preferably by telling the user what page is being prepared or rendered.
> > I've downloaded the latest trunk with the fop.event code, but don't see
> > any
> > "page X being rendered" style events.
> >
> > Is there somewhere I could hack something like this in for my local build?
> > Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks & cheers
> > Andrew

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Page processing events