Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Whittemore <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/08 21:47:45 UTC

Profiles not working?

We have all our source code in ClearCase on Unix, under the "vobs" directory,
but also mount it on Windows drive "Z:". I want to be able to build on either
windows or unix using the same source code and Maven files, and need to
reference this root directory (as "root.dir") in several plugin properties.
Unfortunatley, I cannot get it to work with this setup:

    <profiles>

        <profile>
            <id>windows</id>
            <activation>
                <os>
                    <family>windows</family>
                </os>
            </activation>
            <properties>
                <root.dir>Z:\</root.dir>
            </properties>
        </profile>

        <profile>
            <id>unix</id>
            <activation>
                <os>
                    <family>unix</family>
                </os>
            </activation>
            <properties>
                <root.dir>/vobs</root.dir>
            </properties>
        </profile>

    </profiles>

When I run "mvn projecthelp:active-profiles" I get "There are no active
profiles." instead of either "unix" or "windows". I've also tried the -P to
force activation to no avail.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.