Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Mike Kimber <mk...@kana.com> on 2011/11/02 15:14:02 UTC

Getting source from GIT, where is configure

Hi,

When I get the source out of GIT, there does not appear to be a configure script, so how do I build Couchdb?

Mike

MICHAEL KIMBER

PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT

d: 02890788378| m: 07792329322

f: 02890788339 | e: mkimber@kana.com<ma...@kana.com>

209 Airport Road West, Belfast
BT3 9EZ, United Kingdom

[cid:image001.gif@01CC9969.AC3E6D90]<http://www.kana.com/service-experience-management/stack.php>

EVENTS<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/events.php> | WHITEPAPERS<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/white-papers.php> | CASE STUDIES<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/video-case-studies.php> | DEMOS<http://www.kana.com/service-solutions/demo-library.php>

[cid:image002.gif@01CC9969.AC3E6D90]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/KANA-Software-Inc/146154198748782>

[cid:image003.gif@01CC9969.AC3E6D90]<http://www.twitter.com/kanasoftware>

[cid:image004.gif@01CC9969.AC3E6D90]<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/KANA-Software-1129?mostPopular=&gid=1129>

[cid:image005.gif@01CC9969.AC3E6D90]<http://www.kana.com/independent-research-firm-gartner-names-kana-leader-in-the-magic-quadrant-for-crm-web-customer-service.php>

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may be subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and should notify us immediately.

Re: Getting source from GIT, where is configure

Posted by CGS <cg...@gmail.com>.
Usually, "configure" tests for the existence of libraries, headers,
utilities and their usability. But how do you adapt your tests for
different (POSIX-like) systems? Quite a mess if you try to do it
manually for a wider range of OS's. Here comes autoconf. That's but an
example.

Bootstrap here tries to put all the steps before "configure" in one
script. It's a nice practice which helps quite some the installation
process (and, of course, healthier than providing only "configure").
This tells me somebody looked into installation optimization for a wider
range of OS's and I cannot but salute the initiative. :)

Cheers,
CGS

Posted by Timothy Baldridge <tb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kimber <mk...@kana.com>.
Ah thanks I understand now. Read the install doco and expected to see all the files there at the start. Appears Releases don't have bootstrap as configure is already present, which confused me also.

Anyway thanks, I appear to be good to go now!

Mike

MICHAEL KIMBER | PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT

d : +44 (0)28 9078 8378

Posted by Timothy Baldridge <tb...@gmail.com>.