Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Guangning E <eg...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/31 03:08:24 UTC

[Pulsar Test]Some updates about Pulsar Jenkins test

At present, I noticed that some people in pulsar's warehouse could not
trigger the test, so I create a Jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19626?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel
track this problem, and the results are as follows:

ONLY apache committers can trigger a Jenkins build. Anyone else trying to
trigger a build will be ignored by Jenkins.

Can we enable this feature back on and let contributors run their own tests?
No, that would open our CI service to all sorts of potential abuse, bitcoin
mining, malicious code injections, botnets and the list goes on.

Thanks,
Guangning

Re: [Pulsar Test]Some updates about Pulsar Jenkins test

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il mar 31 dic 2019, 04:08 Guangning E <eg...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> At present, I noticed that some people in pulsar's warehouse could not
> trigger the test, so I create a Jira
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19626?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel to
> track this problem, and the results are as follows:
>
> ONLY apache committers can trigger a Jenkins build. Anyone else trying to
> trigger a build will be ignored by Jenkins.
>
> Can we enable this feature back on and let contributors run their own
> tests?
> No, that would open our CI service to all sorts of potential abuse,
> bitcoin mining, malicious code injections, botnets and the list goes on.

This sounds very strange to me.
In Bookkeeper and in other projects Jenkins trigger works well for non
committers

I did not see any announcement that this feature was to be dismissed.

Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.