Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Asif Chowdhary <As...@xeye.com> on 2004/03/10 17:42:26 UTC

Tomcat on linux : IBM JDK 1.3.1 -

Hi,

I am installing tomcat on RH9.
Tomcat version is 4.1.27 and the file is jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27.tar.gz

The installation works with JDK 1.4

but tomcat does not start when I try to use JDK 1.3.1
The browser returns the message Unable to connect to localhost with
http://localhost:8080/.

Any suggestions.

Asif

Re: Tomcat on linux : IBM JDK 1.3.1 -

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net>.
Asif Chowdhary wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am installing tomcat on RH9.
>Tomcat version is 4.1.27 and the file is jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27.tar.gz
>
>The installation works with JDK 1.4
>
>but tomcat does not start when I try to use JDK 1.3.1
>The browser returns the message Unable to connect to localhost with
>http://localhost:8080/.
>

>Any suggestions.

You will need Java 1.4.1, or else disable NPTL for RH9 and Fedora Core
1, or you will get seg faults. I've written 2 docs, one for IBM Java and
one for Tomcat 4/5, and posted it on my website (see signature below).

--
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and
to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and