Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr> on 2003/06/05 21:57:59 UTC

2.1 dont work with ODBC?

i have the latest (today 06/05/2003) CVS snapshot)

i have add

             sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

entry in web xml (just like i have do in 2.0.4)

but when i try to make a query (calling a .xsp) in a ODBC database runing
in
the same machine i get no results

in error.log i have found this message:

ERROR   (2003-06-05) 22:47.59:001   [sitemap.generator.serverpages]
(/osOthello-s/encoding/comments.xsp) PoolThread-3/comments_xsp:
java.sql.SQLException: The database detection method has changed.
If your database is not being recognized (anymore) you can either fix it
in the Cocoon2EsqlConnection class,  file it to bugzilla, report it to
cocoon-dev or to me (tcurdt.at.apache.org) directly.
 Only be sure to include the database string "access" in your post.
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.AbstractEsqlConnection.createQuery(AbstractEsqlConnection.java:197)
.
.
.

how can this database was recognized in 2.0.4 version and not in 2.1?

is this in any todo list (so we have to wait for the final 2.1 version or
not ?)

-- stavros

RE: 2.1 dont work with ODBC?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 23:16, Geoff Howard wrote:
> Did you contact Torsten as the error message said?

Thanks for forwarding, Geoff.
I'll fix it tomorrow.

> > how can this database was recognized in 2.0.4 version and not in 2.1?

We changed the database recognition mechanism.

> > is this in any todo list (so we have to wait for the final 2.1 version or
> > not ?)

You can easily use <use-limit-clause>jdbc</use-limit-clause> to work
around this. The final version will use jdbc as a default again.

We are currently collecting database driver strings ;)

Thanks for reporting!
--
Torsten

RE: 2.1 dont work with ODBC?

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Torsten is a person - and wrote to you directly already.
:)

Geoff

RE: 2.1 dont work with ODBC?

Posted by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr>.

no i have not

btw .. what is torsten?

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Did you contact Torsten as the error message said?
>
> Geoff

Stavros S. Kounis
Development & Research Department
Osmosis - networks & consulting services

web:	http://www.osmosis.gr
email:	info@osmosis.gr

RE: 2.1 dont work with ODBC?

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.