Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Haver Amaya Guevara <h-...@uniandes.edu.co> on 2002/11/28 17:45:05 UTC

NullPointer when lcd \

Hi all, I am newbie in slides, and I found three problems

1.

[LOCALHOST] /users/john/ $ lcd \
[LOCALHOST] /users/john/ $ lls
Fatal Error: null
Command input: lls
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide.processCommands(Slide.java:493)
        at org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide$1.run(Slide.java:204)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
Please, email to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org

2. If I have have two drivers like C: and D:; and try to move bewteen then
using lcd c: or d: I cannot, how I do that?

3. and finished, how i can put more than 1 file to same time using slide's
client¿?

thks in advance

Haver Amaya Guevara
Ing de Sistemas y Computación
h-amaya@uniandes.edu.co
ICQ: 6633909

Slide in industry

Posted by Jim Collins <ja...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi,

I have just recently started using slide and I am very impressed with it. I
would be interested in knowing if anyone has used slide for any major
projects and if they had any issues with it.

Thanks for you help.

Jim.

Re: NullPointer when lcd \

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.
>         at org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide.processCommands(Slide.java:493)
>         at org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide$1.run(Slide.java:204)
> Please, email to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org

It requires the patch for the bug.   :(
If you do 'lcd \\' or 'lcd /', you might get it.

> 2. If I have have two drivers like C: and D:; and try to move bewteen then
> using lcd c: or d: I cannot, how I do that?

You should give it the full path, maybe it's like 'lcd c:\\' or 'lcd d:/'

> 3. and finished, how i can put more than 1 file to same time using slide's
> client¿?

That has been in the TODO list since Slide 1.0 client was made for the first
time.
(In Slide 2.0 client, the TODOs commented was deleted though...)
Utill now, no conribution yet...   :(

P.S.: If you want to contribute for the above bugs, you can do it through
the dev mailing list
Also you might want to compare the sources between slide 1.0 and current
source.