Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org> on 2013/09/10 16:46:39 UTC

Running multiple HMasters on Ambari-provisioned cluster

Hello all,

I have a silly question regarding HBase on Ambari-provisioned cluster. I understand that at this time there are no other ways except for API calls to move/edit services once cluster was created. If I wanted to run multiple HMaster services, do I manually have to start the service on another server and keep that in mind when I stop all of services on the cluster? Is that functionality coming in the future?

Artem Ervits
New York Presbyterian Hospital

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.

Re: Running multiple HMasters on Ambari-provisioned cluster

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Artem,
 The multiple HBase master functionality has been implemented in Ambari for
quite sometime but unfortunately its not well tested (so thats why its not
exposed). We are hoping to have that tested and ready sometime in the very
near future. Hope that helps.

thanks
mahadev

Mahadev Konar