Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Renaud Delbru <re...@deri.org> on 2010/02/16 15:07:40 UTC

Flex & Segment Merging

Hi,

I would like to start creating a codec with my own set of index files
(instead of using the ones from the Standard codec). I have multiple
questions (I haven't yet found answers by myself) like:
how to specify how these files should be merged ? Is it automatically
done by the Codec interface ? How is it working currently ?
Is there some restrictions on how segments can be merged ?
Is there a way to extend easily the mechanism on how segments are merged ?

Cheers,
--
Renaud Delbru

Re: Flex & Segment Merging

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Hi Renaud,

You should be able to do your own merging by overriding the merge
method of Fields/Terms/PostingsConsumer classes, in your codec.  Each
of these classes has a default impl for merge, which just does the
normal postings merging (fields/terms are merged,
docs/positions/payloads are concatenated, mapping around deletions).

Please give feedback how it goes!  These are very new and still very
malleable APIs...

Mike