Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mark Womack <mw...@bevocal.com> on 2003/01/09 19:31:46 UTC

RE: Sample of xml.file with logging levels for separate packages.

I started this wiki page to describe the xml configuration format, but I
have not had a chance to finish it, and I don't think it addresses your
specific question.  But, here it is anyways:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Log4JXmlFormat

Maybe someone out there will feel like updating it (yes, that is an
invitation, make no mistake about it...)

Adding different loggers to the file is like this:

	<logger name="com.mycompany.SomeClass">
	  <level value="debug" />
	</logger>

You can have partial package names, and the setting will apply to all
classes in that package.

-Mark