Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com> on 2012/12/06 03:34:04 UTC

How can i programmatically bind an object to the JNDI?

I have a very simple test case where i just bind a string to the jndi and
then attempt to look it up.  This is failing with a NameNotFoundException in
the testReadFromJNDI test.  What am i doing wrong here?

public class JNDITest {

	private static InitialContext initialContext;

	@BeforeClass
    public static void beforeClass() throws Exception {
        Properties p = new Properties();
        p.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.apache.openejb.core.LocalInitialContextFactory");
        initialContext = new InitialContext(p);
    }

	@AfterClass
	public static void afterClass() throws Exception {
	}

	@Before
	public void setUp() throws NamingException, MalformedURLException {
	}

	@Test
	public void testAddToJNDI() throws NamingException {
		initialContext.bind("java:global/test", "true");
	}

	@Test
	public void testReadFromJNDI() throws NamingException {
		String test = (String)initialContext.lookup("java:global/test");
		Assert.assertEquals("true", test);
	}

}

Re: How can i programmatically bind an object to the JNDI?

Posted by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com>.
I just discovered that the above test case is working if i run it within a
maven build.  However it fails if i run it from eclipse.  Maybe its a junit
version or eclipse issue.