Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gaurav Sharma <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/06 01:46:39 UTC

Qpid JMS API vs Java Client

Hi Qpid community,

I am a new user and found this old thread:
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/java-amqp-api-vs-jms-api-td4741689.html

So, Java/JVM users should just use the JMS API packaged with the
Java-client (under org/apache/qpid/jms) or use the Java-client API (under
org/apache/qpid/client)?
A second question I have is around Tomcat and Qpid JMS providers - any
tested recommendation would be great.

Thanks,
~gshx

Re: Qpid JMS API vs Java Client

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com>.
Hi Gaurav,
	It sounds like you might be looking for a JCA/JEE integration solution to use Qpid in the context of an application server. Qpid JCA supports Geronimo, Glassfish, JBoss etc so I would encourage you to maybe take a look to see if it's what your looking for. Any questions about JCA etc can be directed to the list so there are quite a few people to help out, answer questions etc.

Regards,

Weston

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Gaurav,

When you download the client [1] from the download site, you will see
it includes a few jar files.
You need all of them in your classpath.
You don't need the broker jar on the client site.

If you put the JNDI file in your classpath, you should be able to load
it as specified in the example.

Regards,

Rajith

[1] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/qpid/0.16/qpid-java-client-0.16.tar.gz