Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Weaver, Scott" <Sw...@rippe.com> on 2002/05/03 23:16:28 UTC

RE: Is Turbine 2.2's RunData compatible with fulcrums security se rvic e?

I spent a whole day trying to convert my T2.2 app  that is currently using
the old(coupled) versions of torque and fulcrum to the new decoupled
versions.

I ended up having to scrap everything and rebuild from my local cvs as I ran
into quite a few issues during the move.

Issues I ran into:
- I have written custom security managers that use Turbine's security along
my own custom Torque generated objects.  Converting caused serious headaches
due to having to try and work around to different Criteria objects (old for
TurbineSecurity new for Torque Generated objects) in the same manager class.

- I make extensive use of Intake and found that fulcrum doesn't have an
IntakeTool class that implements ApplicationTool.  I'm curious about how to
implement Intake in fulcrum, given this fact.

- BaseObject now implements a getCategory() method, I have a
torque-generated Category class.  I'm sure you can guess the problems that
kicked up :-(

> If you find a way to fix it, please send us a patch.
> 8^)

Unfortunately, I'm under the gun to get my current project completed (it
goes into customer beta on Monday).  So, I won't have much time at work to
spend trying to retro-fit my application to de-coupled T2.2.  However, it
may get some attention in about a month.

thanks,
scott

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Is Turbine 2.2's RunData compatible with fulcrums security se rvic e?

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
> - I make extensive use of Intake and found that fulcrum doesn't have an
> IntakeTool class that implements ApplicationTool.  I'm curious about how to
> implement Intake in fulcrum, given this fact.

I guess a tool similar to the one in t3 should be added to t2.2.

> - BaseObject now implements a getCategory() method, I have a
> torque-generated Category class.  I'm sure you can guess the problems that
> kicked up :-(

I deprecated that method in favor of a non-getter style name, log().
Maybe getCategory() could just be dumped.  I'm pretty sure it was never
released, but it has been around for a while.

john mcnally