Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by ckl <c_...@cadservices.nl> on 2000/02/10 10:27:54 UTC

cmd.exe window does not open in apache jserv

cmd.exe window does not open in apache jserv

I need to call a dos program from a servlet running on apache jserv1.1.

I develop with Jdeveloper wich has got a built in webserver to debug servlets.

With Jdeveloper it works fine (a dos windows opens), but when I deploy it to apache it doesn't work.

The process is started, but no dos window opens. Should I change settings of jserv, is this a bug, does anyone know?

The (beta) code looks like this:

String cmd = "c:\\temp\\cmd.exe /c \"start /min /wait /b dosprogram \"";

Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd);

BufferedReader lsOut = new BufferedReader (new InputStreamReader (p.getInputStream()));

BufferedReader lsErr = new BufferedReader (new InputStreamReader (p.getErrorStream()));

try {

p.waitFor();

int completionStatus = p.exitValue();

out.println( "<br>Exit Status: " + completionStatus );

}

catch( InterruptedException ex ) {

out.println( "Executable program (" + cmd + ") was interrupted." );

}

while(( line=lsOut.readLine()) != null) {

out.println("<br>lsout====>");

out.println(line);

}

while ((line2 = lsErr.readLine()) != null){

out.println("<br>Errout====>");

out.println(line2);

}

}