Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anahi Avalos Rubio <an...@hotmail.com> on 2001/07/05 06:28:07 UTC

mod_webapp.so

Hi all,

I read the documentation for configurate tomcat 4.0 (into j2ee 1.3 and jdk
1.3.1 )with apache. So I read server.xml, and it tells me I need to make
some modifications to httpd.conf.  Then it says: here's how you make
mod_webapp.so. But I didn't find anything about this and neither
/src/connectors files.
Therefore I  downloaded TOMCAT(last version: 4b05)to get mod_webapp.so.Then
I downloaded apr(apr_20010523060225.tar.gz)

But  I don't have ./buildconf file only the ./buildconf.sh.And I only
put this :
./buildconf.sh
./configure --with-apr=apr/apr-util/include
--with-apxs=/usr/java/tomcat/../src/apache1.3

/src/Apache1.3 directory  has mod_webapp.c and other that I dont remember.

But I  get the error:missing apr.  (something like that)

Can anyone help me with this error message?

or

If I dowload mod_webapp.so to tomcat 4.0(that is the goal of the previuos
lines), this could be fix? And What are the next steps? Or may be I need to
change to tomcat 3.xx.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks in advance,

Anahi

p.d.: what is  the difference  between mod_jk and mod_webapp?(It is The
version of tomcat?)