Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2001/08/21 18:30:43 UTC

CVS problems

I'm having problems with CVS (again).
Using WinCVS 1.2 with cvs 1.10 (or something).

I keep getting:
	cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)
	*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

there are no other messages. It happens with both
binary and text files, with all checkouts, and all
connections using SSH (through SecureCRT).

Anyone know how to solve this?

Leo
"grr. Finally got some time for Avalon; and now I
have to spend in on @#$@# cvs problems."

RE: CVS problems

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
> Look for any .new files where CVS choked up in a previous update.
> If you find them, delete them.  Also you will find that you need
> to exit ALL instances of WinCVS to do it.

knew that. Not it ;/

> If that doesn't remedy it, then it is most likely a line problem
> (i.e. the server is not authenticating properly or timing out).

nope.

I actually managed to get it working: I told SecureCRT to use a
single SSH connection, then checked out using the -z9 flag (no
idea why it helps) and it woiked...

how I found that out? why, by using OpenSSH, which gave useful error
msgs, of course.

> Hope this helps.

thx anyway =)

Leo, who's now re-compiling all jakarta projects, loving ant, which
led to this thought:
"Microsoft _is_ right: some bugs _are_ features. Take ant, for example."

Re: CVS problems

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.