Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Bindul Bhowmik <bi...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/19 03:52:29 UTC

[http-core] Wrong pom.xml

Hello,

I checked out the http-core component to my workspace, and XML
validation tool tells me that the pom.xml does not validate against
the maven POM schema.
(schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd").

I have corrected the pom.xml and am attaching the diff. If it is all
right, someone with commit access might want to commit it to the
repository.

The pom.xml for the httpcomponents also did not validate. The patch
for that is also attached to this email.

I was travelling over the past week, so am lagging behind the emails
on the list and am not sure which is the issue tracking tool for http
components. Neither Bugzilla nor Jira have HttpComponents listed. Are
we still using the HttpClient Bugzilla module for issue tracking?

Regards,
Bindul

Re: [http-core] Wrong pom.xml

Posted by Bindul Bhowmik <bi...@gmail.com>.
On 3/21/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 17:11 -0700, Bindul Bhowmik wrote:

> > > Can you reproduce the problem? As far as I can tell this does seem to be
> > > a bug in Maven.
> >
> > I could reproduce it. But then resolved the problem. The test resource
> > element requires the directory
> > (/project/build/testResources/testResource/directory) element.
> > Strange, the XSD does not mandate this element, but the code fails to
> > validate this.
> >
> > I have created another patch with this fix. It succeeds to compile and
> > run all the tests on my machine.
> >

> Patch checked in. Many thanks, Bindul
>
> > BTW, are both 'testSourceDirectory' and 'testResources' required? The
> > same number of tests run on my machine with 'testSourceDirectory'
> > commented.
> >

> No idea. However, with 'testSourceDirectory' removed maven seems no
> longer able to find unit tests
>

> > No, I am not. But did not see the change coming into my workspace (on
> > SVN update) for quite some time.
> >
> > I apologize if I am taking up too much of your time. Beginners hiccups I guess.
> >

> No worries at all. I really appreciate your taking interest in
> HttpComponents.

Thank you. I am using http-client for a couple of years now, and am
lurking on the list for over a year now. I had some spare time, and
something I could contribute... just pitched in. :-)

Re: [http-core] Wrong pom.xml

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: [http-core] Wrong pom.xml

Posted by Bindul Bhowmik <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [http-core] Wrong pom.xml

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: [http-core] Wrong pom.xml

Posted by Bindul Bhowmik <bi...@gmail.com>.
> [...]
> [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
>
> The http-core pom.xml is indeed invalid according to the schema but
> Maven 2.0.2 does not seem to mind

Probably need to open an issue with Maven?

> > The pom.xml for the httpcomponents also did not validate. The patch
> > for that is also attached to this email.
> >

> Patch applied

Thanks. But, did not see a commit.

> > I was travelling over the past week, so am lagging behind the emails
> > on the list and am not sure which is the issue tracking tool for http
> > components. Neither Bugzilla nor Jira have HttpComponents listed. Are
> > we still using the HttpClient Bugzilla module for issue tracking?
> >

> I am in the process of setting up issue tracking for HttpComponents in
> Jira. It will take probably a few more days (or weeks). Meanwhile just
> use HttpClient project in Bugzilla to report HttpCore related bugs.

Sure, thanks,

Bindul

Re: [http-core] Wrong pom.xml

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.