Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Donald Lee <dl...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/21 02:04:27 UTC

newbie question already searched the faqs and archives

Hello, I am looking for some help getting started with mod_perl.
I am at a stopping point where I am at a loss...

my setup is as follows:
windows xp pro w/sp2
apache 2.0.54
active perl, v5.8.6 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

I am already consulting:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/os/win32/config.html

  so far everything is working up to the point where I put in the following
strings in httpd.conf
LoadFile "C:/SERVER/perl/bin/perl58.dll"

Apache service will start without errors.

if I add the following line:
PerlRequire "C:/SERVER/apache2/Apache2/conf/extra.pl"

with the code placed in an ascii text file named accordingly in the /conf
directory, apache fails to start.

If I remove the line, apache will start normally.
If I put in the lines:

Alias /perl/ "C:/SERVER/apache2/Apache2/perl/"

  <Location "C:/SERVER/apache2/Apache2/perl">
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
     Options +ExecCGI
     PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
  </Location>

apache will fail to start.
I have also tried cutting and pasting the entry unchanged:
Alias /perl/ "/Apache2/perl/"
  <Location /perl>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
     Options +ExecCGI
     PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
  </Location>

Obviously I am missing something or have inadvertently skipped a step; the
directories all exist as indicated.  pointers in the right direction would
be appreciated.
Thanks
Don

Re: newbie question already searched the faqs and archives

Posted by Foo Ji-Haw <jh...@nexlabs.com>.
What does error.log say?