Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Selber Jean-François <jf...@oxymel.com> on 2003/05/14 15:21:17 UTC

How can I get dynamic fo:table-header in the same page sequence

How can I obtain a dynamic fo:table-header in the same page sequence?
I try with <fo:marker> :
I try to set a marker, I use this marker in  fo:table-header  and modify
this marker after the first header display,
but I have no results. See below the displayed message:

[ERROR] fo:marker must be an initial child,and 'marker-class-name' must be
unique for same parent

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="*">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<fo:block font-family="sans-serif" font-size="9pt">

///////////// initialize the marker definition
       <fo:marker marker-class-name="table-continued">
        titre 1
       </fo:marker>

<fo:table table-layout="fixed">
<fo:table-column column-width="180mm"/>

<fo:table-header>
  <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell number-rows-spanned="1" number-columns-spanned="1">
          <fo:block>

///////////// Use marker definition in header
              <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="table-continued"
      retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"
retrieve-boundary="page"/>

          </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
  </fo:table-row>
</fo:table-header>

<fo:table-body>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell number-rows-spanned="1" number-columns-spanned="1">
<fo:block>

///////////// Modify marker definition
<fo:marker marker-class-name="table-continuedu">
        titre 1 suite
       </fo:marker>

<fo:table table-layout="fixed">
<fo:table-column column-width="180mm"/>

ect ect.....

This mecanism seems to be incorect. But how can I do??

I have to  build a pdf document from a FO document by using FOP. This FO
document contains a large table which will be printed on several pages.

In order to repeat at the beginning of each page the semantic  of the table
, I use the notion of header.

How is it possible to automatically differentiate the header of the first
page from the header of the next pages, by adding for example the string

"continued"

example:

The problem is the following one : I can only define  one header for a table

Suppose that I have this header:

<fo:table-header>
  <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell number-rows-spanned="1" number-columns-spanned="1">
          <fo:block>
             This is my title
          </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
  </fo:table-row>
</fo:table-header>

First page: This is my title

On the next pages I will have: This is my title (continued)

But I cannot build the corresponding header

<fo:table-header>
  <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell number-rows-spanned="1" number-columns-spanned="1">
          <fo:block>
             This is my title (continued)
          </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
  </fo:table-row>
</fo:table-header>

Thank you and best regards

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Selber Jean-François wrote:
> How can I obtain a dynamic fo:table-header in the same page sequence?

You can't have a "dynamic fo:table-header".

> I try with <fo:marker> :
> I try to set a marker, I use this marker in  fo:table-header

You can't use a fo:retrieve-marker in a fo:table-header. Read
the spec or a good book.

 > [ERROR] fo:marker must be an initial child,and 'marker-class-name' must be
 > unique for same parent

This means: you've botched the marker definitions as well. Read
the spec or a good book.

It would help if you described your original problem in an
undersandable way. Get the help of someone who speaks english
well, or a professional translation service if necessary.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Selber Jean-François <jf...@oxymel.com>.
I have not found...

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@yahoo.com>.