Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ashish Mukherjee <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/10 13:05:16 UTC

Solr phonetics with spelling

Hello,

Couple of questions related to phonetics -

1. If I enable the phonetic filter in managed-schema file for a particular
field, how does it affect the spell handler?

2. What is the meaning of the inject attribute within <analyzer> in
managed-schema? The documentation is not very clear about it.

Regards,
Ashish

RE: Solr phonetics with spelling

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingramcontent.com>.
Ashish,

I would not recommend using spellcheck against a phonetic-analyzed field.  Instead, you can use <copyField> to create a separate field that is lightly analyzed and use the copy for spelling.

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group