Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Kevin Kimani <ke...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2018/11/02 09:46:51 UTC

Re: [Mifos-users] Scheduler Jobs Nor Running (Penalties Affected)

Abiy A

Hope this email finds each and everyone well, and thank you for your
feedback.
Attached please find the requested details for:

   - loan product  and the charges information. Please note that i didn't
   put all loan and charges info, just picked a couple of each just to give a
   perspective
   - Screenshot of the scheduler jobs.

for your perusal

Feedback will be highly appreciated

Regards,
Kevin Kimani
Resilient Business Systems Ltd
www.resilientsytems.co
+254 721 676 670
skype: kevin.kimani (Kevin Mbatia Kimani)

Re: [Mifos-users] Scheduler Jobs Nor Running (Penalties Affected)

Posted by Stebbins Tugara <st...@gmail.com>.
Dear Abiy,

You are welcome man and oops...... i actually meant to address Kelvin on
this one 😁😁...... i hope he can solve his problem.

Thank you bro!

Stebbins

Posted by Abiy Atsbha <ab...@gmail.com>.
Dear Stebbins,

Posted by Kevin Kimani <ke...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hello Team,
Am confirming receipt of the same.
Let me effect the suggested recommendations and give feedback on the same
ASAP.

Thanks you all.

Posted by Kevin Kimani <ke...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hello team,
Below please find the my responses in line.

I sincerely hope that my responses are adequate for analysis.

Mr  Stebbins,
Kindl  go through the responses below and lets talks more over Skype... at
your convenience.

   1. In your Loan product configuration, under Overdue Charges, select the
   correct penalty charge product (I assume it is the Late Payment Penalty)
   not Additional Interest. Or select both if you have other intended
uses. *-->
   THIS WAS SUCCESSFULLY DONE.*
   2. Go to Charges Configuration > Late Penalty payment. Change the charge
   time type to "Overdue fees" and make sure Is Penalty is TRUE(Ticked). t*he
   following penalty have ALL  ALONG set to "TRUE"  *
   3.
   Additional Interest Loan true
   Bounce Cheque Charge Loan true

   Collection Fee Loan true

   Late Payment Penalty Loan true

   4. Go to scheduler job and manually run the job "Add penalty to Overdue
   loans"

*when I run the above job the following returns an error. The following
accounts are consistently highlighted in the error log: LOAN ACCOUNTS: 851,
893, 926, 952, 978, 985, 1016*

NOTE: Editing some charges product will not be possible if it has been
> applied to existing loans. You  might need to create a new loan application
> for the penalty to reflect. Old loans will usually preserve their initial
> settings.
>

> The error log in Accrual scheduler jobs is due to some incorrect
> configuration rules in loan with IDs 914, 978, 851 etc all listed in the
> log.
>
>    1. What payment type was used for disbursal and repayments of your
>    loans (This will post entries as set in the Advanced Accounting rule in
>    Loan Product config.)
>    2. Verify if the disbursed loans posted their journal entries to
>    correct g/l accounts
>    3. Verify if repayments are posting to correct journal entries

*Attached please find the details of the above three queries.*

*In summary, the Disbursements, Repayments and Charges are posted into the
respective ledgers.*
*However, I was keen to note that when you select the above loan accounts
highlighted on the error logs: Under the Transactions Tab, and uncheck the
"Hide Accruals". When you select "View Ledgers" the Accrual entries do not
return entries. its as if the Accrual entries were not being posted for
these loan accounts namely: LOAN ACCOUNTS: 851, 893, 926, 952, 978, 985,
1016*

Go to any of the troubled loans, under Transactions tab and check if there
> are any accrual entries (Make sure "Hide Accruals" is unchecked).
>
> I gotta go, thanks.
>
> Stebbins

*THE END OF MY RESPONSE*

Re: [Mifos-users] Scheduler Jobs Nor Running (Penalties Affected)

Posted by Stebbins Tugara <st...@gmail.com>.
Dear Abiy,

This is a long post but if you follow me carefully you will solve your
problem easily. My skype is stebby.tugara i can assist for a few minutes
during work days.

From your attached configuration i have some observations.

Posted by Kevin Kimani <ke...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Abiy,