Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> on 2022/02/14 19:21:14 UTC

[INFO] Stats gathered from Provider's testing

Hello everyone,

For those who participate in implementing/testing the providers I
built a simple script and prepared some nice (basic) stats on how our
testing is doing.

I think we are doing pretty well actually :D.
Once again - big thanks to all those who help with these !

Detailed stats are available here:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/21564#issuecomment-1039455451

Here is the summary:

The stats cover period June 2021 - Feb 2022.

In total we had 15 releases, of 350 provider packages. All those
provider packages solved 612 issues. Out of those 612 issues total 264
have been tested (which means our community tested 43% of all issues -
features, bugfixes). The ratio of "per-provider" tests was much higher
(hard to say without some more "complex" logic).

There were 196 people involved, out of which 88 actively took part and
commented on their issues (either with "yes works" or "no it does not
work"). Which is 44% "response rate".

There were 4 people who commented who were not involved (this
basically means that in these 15 releases 4 people commented on the
issue when they were not directly mentioned in the issue).

J.