Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Reinhardt Mühlwerth <Re...@expleogroup.com> on 2019/06/05 08:34:40 UTC

Getting the name of the current PostProcessor or the Logic Controller it is attached to

Hi,

For a testplan i would like to write some infos of the requests sent (e.g. the HTTP Method and URL) to a file.

In the plan the requests are grouped by test cases under a logic controller. I would like to get the requests info to files containing either the name of the logic Controller, or the name of the post processort that is containing the script to write the infos to the files.

In the end it should look something like that:

/path/to/file/<nameOfTheSampler | nameOfThePostProcessorExecutingTheScript>.txt

POST http://123.something/endpoint1

GET http://123.something/endpoint2

is something like that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Reinhardt

Expleo Group Austria GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft | Corporate Headquarters: Wien
Handelsregister | Commercial Register: Handelsgericht Wien - Firmenbuchnummer: FN 202467 x UID-Nr.: ATU 51868206
Geschäftsführung | Managing Directors: Ralph Gillessen, Sylvia Resetarits

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Re: Getting the name of the current PostProcessor or the Logic Controller it is attached to

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 05.06.19 um 10:34 schrieb Reinhardt Mühlwerth:
> Hi,
>

> For a testplan i would like to write some infos of the requests sent (e.g. the HTTP Method and URL) to a file.
>
> In the plan the requests are grouped by test cases under a logic controller. I would like to get the requests info to files containing either the name of the logic Controller, or the name of the post processort that is containing the script to write the infos to the files.
>

> In the end it should look something like that:
>

> /path/to/file/<nameOfTheSampler | nameOfThePostProcessorExecutingTheScript>.txt
>
> POST http://123.something/endpoint1
>
> GET http://123.something/endpoint2
>

> is something like that possible?

One possibility would be to add a preprocessor as a child to your logic
controller, that sets your information as a variable. Then you can
access that information in all other samplers inside the logic controller.

But I probably didn't understand your question correctly.

Felix