Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by "Viens, Steve" <St...@FMR.COM> on 2004/06/28 17:16:03 UTC

jUDDI LDAP Contribution

Hi Vijay,

I took a look through the zip file you sent me last week with your
contributions (looking very good). I've noted  a few changes below
that'll need to be addressed.  We'll plan to include your contribution
right in with the rest of the core jUDDI source code (as opposed to a
separate "extras" directory).

Please continue to hold off committing anything to CVS for this week as
we should be at 0.9 final by/over this coming weekend. I'll be
committing some changes to jUDDI's build.xml file to support item #4
below after version 0.9 final is built and released.

1) The following license text must be added to the top of all source
files. The Novell license that's there today must be removed. This is an
ASF requirement.

      /*
       * Copyright 2001-2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
       *
       * you may not use this file except in compliance with the
License.
       *
       *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
       *
       * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
software
       * distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS"
BASIS,
       * WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
       * See the License for the specific language governing permissions
and
       * limitations under the License.
       */
      package org.apache.juddi...

You can take a look at (and copy from) any of the jUDDI source files for
an example if you like.  Run the Checkstyle ant target when completed to
verify that all files have been updated correctly has been done - but of
course you'll need to have Checkstyle configured.  You can get it from
here:

   http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/

2) Package names must be changed to use the "org.apache.juddi.**" prefix
instead of com.novell.**.  Another ASF requirement. Please do not
include "novell" in the package name.  I'd recommend using a package
name/prefix of "org.apache.juddi.ldap" in place of "com.novell.uddi". If
your using Eclipse, WSAD, NetBeans or IDEA then this package name
refactoring should be trivial.

3) Update the README document in ws-juddi/webapp/WEB-INF/lib to inform
anyone building jUDDI from source where they can obtain the jar files
necessary to compile the source from your contribution.  This info will
also be used in the Developer and Deployment Guides.

4) Must update build.xml as follows:

Compile target to reference package chosen package name prefix from item
2 above). I've already added the conditional. Simply replace the value
of the "name" attribute in the appropriate "excludes" element (it should
be obvious when you take a look.)

Steve