Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/14 20:01:49 UTC

Getting errors reading lucene indexes using recent lucene from Solr

When using the Solr trunk tip, get this error now when reading an index
created by Solr with Lucene directly:

	at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldInfo(FieldInfos.java:253)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(FieldsReader.java:218)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:914)

Anyone know what could cause this error?  Is it something writing the index
incorrectly, or a read-side issue, or other?

Thanks
-- Jayson

Re: Getting errors reading lucene indexes using recent lucene from Solr

Posted by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com>.
This is with an optimized index since the code runs just after optimization.

Posted by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com>.
It is the reverse case, created with solr, optimized and then in the
post-optimize listener open snapshot with lucene.

Code used is this:

Directory directory = new FSDirectory(new File(luceneIndexDir), null);
reader = IndexReader.open(directory, true); // open directory read-only

reader.document(curDoc++, FIELD_SELECTOR);

and it bombs on the document() call.

I'll check our build to be sure we have the right lucene, but should...
Obviously not though if the stack trace is off.

--j

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Yonik Seeley
<yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> Hmmm, OK... so you created the index with Lucene and are reading it with Solr.
> What version of Lucene did you use to create?

Oops, vise versa, right?

-Yonik

Re: Getting errors reading lucene indexes using recent lucene from Solr

Posted by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yep, was a problem with the maven artifact publishing.

Not an actual problem...

Posted by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.