Posted to users@hop.apache.org by Hong-Yee Seah <ho...@hongyee.org> on 2022/08/19 00:54:00 UTC

http/rest client

Hi,

PDI has this step called http client and rest client. I can't seems to find
this  in hop, is there a way to do this in hop. I was looking at hop web
service but it looks more like a web service output step.

Re: http/rest client

Posted by Bart Maertens <ba...@apache.org>.
Hi Hong-Yea,

Both are available as Hop transforms:
* HTTP client:
https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/pipeline/transforms/http.html
* REST client:
https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/pipeline/transforms/rest.html

The Hop web service you refer to probably is the web service metadata type
[1]. This allows you to run a pipeline, optionally with parameters, over a
URL.

[1] https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/hop-server/web-service.html

Regards,
Bart