Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by "Michiel Blokzijl (mblokzij)" <mb...@cisco.com> on 2014/12/11 20:39:51 UTC

Using stratos with OpenStack API endpoints that have proper SSL certs

Hi,

I’m hitting the following issue in Stratos:

TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-12-11 17:25:24,018] ERROR {org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.validate.OpenstackNovaPartitionValidator} -  Invalid Partition Detected : RegionOne-AZ-1-Core. Cause: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target connecting to POST https://us-internal-1.cloud.cisco.com:5000/v2.0/tokens HTTP/1.1 {org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.validate.OpenstackNovaPartitionValidator}

Has anyone tested Stratos against Rackspace or another OpenStack API endpoint that has proper SSL certificates, rather than self-signed ones?

I tried the suggestions from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+Connect+to+SSL+Services+due+to+PKIX+Path+Building+Failed+sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException, but they didn’t help.

Cheers,

Michiel

Re: Using stratos with OpenStack API endpoints that have proper SSL certs

Posted by "Michiel Blokzijl (mblokzij)" <mb...@cisco.com>.
Hi Nirmal,
Thanks for that.

So I tried various things, incl. linking the various java security parameter files in the Oracle JDK to the ubuntu-provided JRE, and ensuring that the certificate is installed in the truststore (it shows up when I list the certs with the keytool).

I also tried adding the certificate to the client-truststore.jks (using the InstallCert program), keytool -list shows all the certificates in the chain are in that file, but I still get the same error.

I read the blogpost you mentioned but that seems to have more to do with securing communications between Stratos clients and the Stratos server, rather than the Stratos server and API endpoints.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Best regards,

Michiel

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.