Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael <ho...@michael-delamere.de> on 2002/11/04 17:39:21 UTC

Strange behaviour when using the validator in struts1.1b2

Hi,

I am getting a really strange behaviour when using the struts validator.
Infact I am beginning to wonder whether it´s just me going nuts!  It´s
an error that makes no sense to me at all!

Here´s the scenario:

1. Start tomcat
2. open browser
3. go to form in html page
4. send

Now the strange thing is that every second time (after closing the 2 of
course) I carry out the steps described above I get a

"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorForm"

error!  Why not every time or even never?!  It just doesn´t make sense
to me that this error comes in exactly the interval as described above.
Has anybody else experienced a similar problem which might be worth
sharing?

I know it sounds silly but that is exactly what is happening!

Any help would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

RE: Strange behaviour when using the validator in struts1.1b2

Posted by Michael Delamere <ho...@michael-delamere.de>.
Hi,

just to let you know how I solved the problem:

It seems that this is a session issue and the solution was to
change the context in the tomcat server.xml:

I.e. I added:

<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
   debug="4"
   saveOnRestart="false"  <-------
   maxActiveSessions="-1"
   minIdleSwap="-1"
   maxIdleSwap="-1"
   maxIdleBackup="-1">
   <Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>
</Manager>

to my Context.

Regards,

Michael