Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/27 19:05:05 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java DAS beta2

Release to vote Tuscany Java DAS beta2 has passed with 3 binding +1, 1
non-binding +1 and no -1s.

Luciano Resende,
Matthieu Riou,
Adriano Crestani,
Amita Vadhavkar (non-binding)

On 9/24/07, Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org> wrote:
> Everything seems ok ; )
>
> +1
>
> Adriano Crestani
>
> On 9/24/07, Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Checked tests, samples, etc.
> > Looks fine to me.
> >
> > +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Amita
> >
> > On 9/22/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Please vote to release the beta2 distribution of Tuscany DAS for Java.
> > >
> > > The Release Candidate for Tuscany Java DAS beta2 is available at
> > >
> > > http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta2-rc1/
> > >
> > > Release Notes are available at
> > >

> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/das/1.0-incubating-beta2-rc1/distribution/binary/RELEASE_NOTES
> > >
> > > The maven repository artifacts are posted in a staging repository and
> > > is available at
> > >
> > > http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta2-rc1/maven/
> > >
> > > The release audit tool (rat) results are available at
> > >

> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta2-rc1/das-beta2-rat.log
> > >
> > > The tag for the source code is at
> > >

> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/das/1.0-incubating-beta2-rc1/
> > >
> > > Seems OK to me, here is my +1
> > >
> > > --
> > > Luciano Resende
> > > Apache Tuscany Committer
> > > http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> > > http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java DAS beta2

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I completely missed this with all the SCA 1.0 release goings on. I'll
go review and vote on the IPMC vote tonight.

   ...ant

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Paul

On 9/27/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
> Luciano Resende wrote:
> > Release to vote Tuscany Java DAS beta2 has passed with 3 binding +1, 1
> > non-binding +1 and no -1s.
> >
> > Luciano Resende,
> > Matthieu Riou,
> > Adriano Crestani,
> > Amita Vadhavkar (non-binding)
> >

> A little late but I finally found time this morning to review  the
> release, the rat, license, readme, notice files and test the bin and
> source distros on Linux RHEL5.
>
> It looks good, +1 to release from me!
>
> I found a few minor things that can be fixed in the next release:
>
> - The webapp sample readmes ask you to:
>     *  Find the end-of-section marker and add the following lines just
> above it:
>         <!-- Global Datasource for MySQL ajaxdastest database -->
>         <Resource name="jdbc/ajaxdastest"
> It would be nice to say which section.... "<GlobalNamingResources>" :) I
> initially added the resource definition to the incorrect section and got
> some exceptions.
>
> - The URL in the company webapp sample is incorrect,
> http://localhost:8080/sample-advanced-webapp/ should be changed to
> http://localhost:8080/sample-company-webapp/
>
> - I was surprised to not find the source of the samples in the binary
> distribution, it would be nice to have them there and Ant scripts to
> build them.
>
> - The BUILDING file still says beta1.
>
> - The collision detection sample in the advanced webapp initially led me
> to believe that something was broken as it was displaying a red "update
> collision" error, but later I realized that the point was to demonstrate
> collision detection so it was not an error in the sample :)
>
> - The RAT report shows two JSTL files without headers, c.tld and
> fmt.tld. I am assuming that it's OK as they don't have headers either in
> the original Apache jakarta taglib distro, and the DAS LICENSE files
> mentions them.
>
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java DAS beta2

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.