Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Smith <sp...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/24 06:35:55 UTC

Newbie: Tomcat Directory permissions

Hi,

At the moment I am testing tomcat 4.0.4 with Apache 1.3 using mod_jk and
have discovered that I need to have my public_html readable by all (i.e 755)
in order for tomcat to start my context. I am just wondering if there is a
way to configure tomcat so that my public_html directory only has the
execute permission (711) so that others cannot view it's contents.

Cheers,