Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Edward Diener <ed...@tropicsoft.com> on 2005/04/04 21:45:59 UTC

Spamassasin false positive review

I am a client who was able to configure my .procmailrc on a server to place
spam messages in a file in my $HOME area. Going through this file I noticed
a message that was not spam. I know I can whitelist this address, but what I
really need to do immediately is recover the entire message. In the file I
see part of the message with the actual message supposedly as an attachment.
How do I find this actual message so that I can read it ?

Eddie

Re: Spamassasin false positive review

Posted by Bob McClure Jr <ro...@earthlink.net>.
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 03:45:59PM -0400, Edward Diener wrote:
> I am a client who was able to configure my .procmailrc on a server to place
> spam messages in a file in my $HOME area. Going through this file I noticed
> a message that was not spam. I know I can whitelist this address, but what I
> really need to do immediately is recover the entire message. In the file I
> see part of the message with the actual message supposedly as an attachment.
> How do I find this actual message so that I can read it ?
>
> Eddie

Just click on the attachment and read it.  SA creates a new email with
description, score listing, and then attaches the original message.

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Everyone wants to harvest, but few want to plow.

Re: Spamassasin false positive review

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Edward Diener" <ed...@tropicsoft.com>

> I am a client who was able to configure my .procmailrc on a server to
place
> spam messages in a file in my $HOME area. Going through this file I
noticed
> a message that was not spam. I know I can whitelist this address, but what
> really need to do immediately is recover the entire message. In the file I
> see part of the message with the actual message supposedly as an
attachment.
> How do I find this actual message so that I can read it ?
>
> Eddie

What you have to do is highly dependant on the email program you are using.
It is utterly unclear how to handle this with your apparent setup. It is
basically up to you to figure out how.

With Outlook Express, as an example, all you need to do is grab the
included original message and drag it into your in box somewhere. Then
you can read it normally. If you are using a web mail host then you'll
probably have to download the attachment and read it in an editor.

{^_^}