Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kota, Sriraghavi Latha " <sr...@citi.com.INVALID> on 2018/04/17 11:25:35 UTC

Tomcat 8.5 -testOnBorrow

Chris,

Thank you for your quick response. We are planning to use the combination of one of these below in production. Our application is a high volume application with transactions per second of about 20. Just wondering for the recommended value for validationInterval.

Option1:

testOnBorrow = true

validationInterval = 300000 (5 mins)

Option2:

testOnBorrow = true

validationInterval = 300000 (5 mins)

validationQuery = "SELECT 1 from SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1"

Along with the above option1 or option2 can we add the below parameters also?

testWhileIdle = true

removeAbandoned = true

removeAbandonedTimeOut = 6000 (max response time for our application taken from splunk)

max-idle = 2

min-idle = 2

minEvictableIdleTimeMillis = 60000 (60 seconds)

timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis = (5000)

Thanks,
Sri Kota
Scrumbelievables