Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org> on 2020/05/28 21:16:31 UTC

C++ reviewers for PR 2151 wanted

Hi all,

the PR creator is a bit hesitant about it, so I ask for him:

If there is any C++ developer out there who feels like spending a share of his/her valuable time to review this PR, that would be a great thing. But be warned, there is a reason for this request: The patch is a bit more complicated and has plenty of #ifdef-ed code portions, so better come prepared ;-)

https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/2151

Have fun,
JensG

Re: C++ reviewers for PR 2151 wanted

Posted by Mario Emmenlauer <ma...@emmenlauer.de>.
Hi Jens and all,

I'll try to spend a bit of time with the PR and validate the code
works for us. I'm not sure I qualify as a reviewer yet but I'll at
least try to make an informed guess.

The PR does indeed address a relevant concern: currently Thrift C++
server sockets will only pick _one_ of the available interfaces.
This is not at complete random, but also with no guarantee of success
in case the first interface does not allow for a successful bind.
The PR in question will change the behaviour to try all available
interfaces.

Further opinions more than welcome!

All the best,

    Mario

On 28.05.20 23:16, Jens Geyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the PR creator is a bit hesitant about it, so I ask for him:
>
> If there is any C++ developer out there who feels like spending a share of his/her valuable time to review this PR, that would be a great thing. But be warned, there is a reason for this request: The patch is a bit more complicated and has plenty of #ifdef-ed code portions, so better come prepared ;-)
>
> https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/2151
>
> Have fun,
> JensG

Viele Gruesse,

     Mario Emmenlauer

--
BioDataAnalysis GmbH, Mario Emmenlauer      Tel. Buero: +49-89-74677203
Balanstr. 43                   mailto: memmenlauer * biodataanalysis.de