Posted to users@unomi.apache.org by Kevan Jahanshahi <jk...@apache.org> on 2021/07/30 13:20:01 UTC

Unomi new implementation to handle profile lastVisit, firstVisit, previousVisit properties

Hello,

I would like to propose a better implementation for the profile properties: lastVisit, firstVisit and previousVisit.

Here is the pull request: https://github.com/apache/unomi/pull/329
Details about the implem are available in the PR description.

It's addressing this Unomi tickets:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UNOMI-338
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UNOMI-482

Basically it better handle returning visitor and provide a better handling to respect the events chronology. It also improve the handling in the system of events using date from the past. I know that some peoples are already using such kind of events, so I want to make sure it's suitable for them.

Do not hesitate to comment/review/question directly in the pull request thread.

Best regards,
Kevan.