Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Lars Jørgensen <la...@kb.dk> on 2011/05/31 08:58:36 UTC

FW: Mit unseren Tabs kannst Du viel mehr im Bett

Hi,

We don't get much spam through the spamassassin filter, but we do get a bit of german spam which only seems to trigger RVCD_IN_XBL and thus not get a high enough score to be discarded. I have included a sample below (hoping that I don't offend anyone and that it'll get through people's spam filters). Has anybody seen these and know of a good rule to catch them?

Lars

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <ax...@gmail.com>.
put ow.ly in a URI rule

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Tue, 31 May 2011, Lars Jørgensen wrote:

> We don't get much spam through the spamassassin filter, but we do get a
> bit of german spam which only seems to trigger RVCD_IN_XBL and thus not
> get a high enough score to be discarded. I have included a sample below
> (hoping that I don't offend anyone and that it'll get through people's
> spam filters).

It's much better practice to post the complete spam, including _all_
headers (not just the ones your mail client shows you by default) to a
website you control or to someplace like pastebin, and then send the URL
for that to the list.

If you can post a version of the message that's gone through your SA so
that we can see what version you're running and what rules it hit, that
helps even more.

Sending spams to the list can fall afoul of spam filters, but it also is
generally not a complete message (including all the headers), and sending
it through the mail system again can alter it and remove important spam
indicators (or insert new false ones).

> Has anybody seen these and know of a good rule to catch
> them?

Please provide a complete sample as above and we'll be better able to
help.

   Mine eyes have seen the horror of the voting of the horde;
   They've looted the fromagerie where guv'ment cheese is stored;
   If war's not won before the break they grow so quickly bored;
   Their vote counts as much as yours.                          -- Tam
  6 days until the 67th anniversary of D-Day