Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2014/11/13 06:28:44 UTC

Can spark read and write to cassandra without HDFS?

We have all our data in Cassandra so I’d prefer to not have to bring up
Hadoop/HDFS as that’s just another thing that can break.

But I’m reading that spark requires a shared filesystem like HDFS or S3…
Can I use Tachyon or this or something simple for a shared filesystem?

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: Can spark read and write to cassandra without HDFS?

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.
Yes.  That’s what I was planning on using actually.

I was just curious whether intermediate data had to be kept in HDFS but
this answers my question.  thanks.

Posted by Harold Nguyen <ha...@nexgate.com>.
Hi Kevin,