Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/02 23:13:02 UTC

Tomcat & Static Content

Hi All,

Is there any good references on how to use Tomcat as a
web server? I currently use Tomcat behind an apache
server and thinking removing the Apache server but I
do not know if Tomcat would make a good web server. I
use PHP with Apache and need to be able to continue to
use that and a some blog software.
I also do not know how secure Tomcat is compared to
Apache.

Thanks,
-Tony

Re: Tomcat & Static Content

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Tony Anecito wrote:
> Thanks P.
>
> I am using TC 6.0.14 & java 1.6.0_02 and Windows Prof
> 2000.
> I had heard that php support was not easy to setup so
> thanks for the confirmation.

(reply to the list only, please)

It's simply that Tomcat is a Servlet Container, as per the Sun Servlet
Spec.  There are a number of ways to handle PHP, some more actively
developed than others.

Search the list archives using MARC, or Nabble, for historic threads
about PHP, it comes up about once a week.

Re: Tomcat & Static Content

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks P.

Re: Tomcat & Static Content