Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Łukasz Gajowiak <by...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/01 19:35:12 UTC

Kylin Full API

Hello
I would like to prepare bash scripts which will create model, cubes etc. In Kylin docs about API http://kylin.apache.org/docs15/howto/howto_use_restapi.html <http://kylin.apache.org/docs15/howto/howto_use_restapi.html> there in no methods to do this. I’ve noticed that web browser uses api like:
http://localhost:7070/kylin/api/models <http://localhost:7070/kylin/api/models>
{
  "modelDescData": <model>
  "project": <project>
}

What is the reason that there is no that kind of methods in Kylin docs? Are those methods not recommended?

Best regards
Lukasz

Re: Kylin Full API

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Rest API can create model/cube, but those APIs are kinda private and
unstable. They could change from version to version and there's no
commitment to keep them stable at the moment.

User may take risk to use them however.

Cheers
Yang