Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2009/07/31 17:55:26 UTC

[VOTE] graduate UIMA-AS from sandbox

I would like to propose graduating UIMA-AS from the sandbox, making it a
separately downloadable "add-on" to base UIMA. It has been extensively
used in several projects and has undergone (as a result) a lot of
bug-fixing and hardening.  With the upcoming release, I think it would
make sense to graduate it from the sandbox.  Other opinions?

If there is general consensus around this, then I will kick off some
other discussion topics on details of how to do this.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] graduate UIMA-AS from sandbox

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] graduate UIMA-AS from sandbox

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

[VOTE][RESULT] graduate UIMA-AS from sandbox

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The vote has been open for about a week, and we have
+1 Marshall Schor
+1 Eddie Epstein
+1 Jaroslaw Cwiklik
+1 Tong Fin
+1 Jochen Leidner
+1 Jörn Kottman
+1 Thommaso Teofili
+1 Burn Lewis
+1 Adam Lally

There were no 0 or -1 votes.

The vote passes.

Thanks to everyone for voting!

-Marshall

Marshall Schor wrote:
> I would like to propose graduating UIMA-AS from the sandbox, making it a
> separately downloadable "add-on" to base UIMA. It has been extensively
> used in several projects and has undergone (as a result) a lot of
> bug-fixing and hardening.  With the upcoming release, I think it would
> make sense to graduate it from the sandbox.  Other opinions?
>
> If there is general consensus around this, then I will kick off some
> other discussion topics on details of how to do this.
>
> -Marshall

RE: [VOTE] graduate UIMA-AS from sandbox

Posted by jo...@thomsonreuters.com.
+1

Jochen

--
Dr. Jochen Leidner
Research Scientist

Thomson Reuters
Research & Development
610 Opperman Drive
Eagan, MN 55123
USA

http://www.ThomsonReuters.com

> > > I would like to propose graduating UIMA-AS from the sandbox, making it
> > > separately downloadable "add-on" to base UIMA. It has been extensively
> > > used in several projects and has undergone (as a result) a lot of
> > > bug-fixing and hardening.  With the upcoming release, I think it would
> > > make sense to graduate it from the sandbox.  Other opinions?
> > >
> > > If there is general consensus around this, then I will kick off some
> > > other discussion topics on details of how to do this.
> > >
> > > -Marshall

+1

-- Tong

Re: [VOTE] graduate UIMA-AS from sandbox

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
> > On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Marshall Schor<ms...@schor.com> wrote:
> > > I would like to propose graduating UIMA-AS from the sandbox, making it
> > > separately downloadable "add-on" to base UIMA. It has been extensively
> > > used in several projects and has undergone (as a result) a lot of
> > > bug-fixing and hardening.  With the upcoming release, I think it would
> > > make sense to graduate it from the sandbox.  Other opinions?
> > >
> > > If there is general consensus around this, then I will kick off some
> > > other discussion topics on details of how to do this.
> > >
> > > -Marshall

+1

-- Tong

Re: [VOTE] graduate UIMA-AS from sandbox

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
+1
Jerry

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.