Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pascals <Pa...@elca.ch> on 2007/06/19 14:02:42 UTC

Secure messaging?

Hello,

We need to exchange confidential information with ActiveMQ; Is it possible
to secure the communication between an ActiveMQ client and the broker? For
instance by using it over HTTPS?

Thanks for any help

Pascal

Re: Secure messaging?

Posted by eta <er...@ultracode.com>.
http://activemq.apache.org/ssl-transport-reference.html

Re: Secure messaging?

Posted by pascals <Pa...@elca.ch>.

James.Strachan wrote:

> It is; in Java use stomp+ssl://hostname:port to configure it. You just
> need a Stomp client which also supports SSL

As I had no answer to my previous question (PHP library for stomp+ssl), can
I assume that there is currently no such library in PHP?

If yes, can anybody roughly estimate how long it would take to modify one of
the existing PHP stomp libraries so as to implement stomp+ssl?

Thanks for any, really any information

Pascal

Re: Secure messaging?

Posted by Tom Samplonius <to...@samplonius.org>.
----- "pascals" <Pa...@elca.ch> wrote:

> - The one at codehaus, which uses deprecated "socket" functions.

  The sockets extension is still available, though not installed by default.

> - A patched one that solves the "socket" issue.

  I've seen it posted here.  I assume it used the more flexible streams interface in PHP.

  If the Stomp client used Streams, it would be easier to add SSL support.  The PHP client is pretty simple, so it wouldn't take long to fix it.

> - A PHP 5 version.

  The one on Codehaus runs under PHP5, so I don't know what this?  I'm using the stock Codehaus Stomp client on PHP 5.1.2.

Tom

Re: Secure messaging?

Posted by pascals <Pa...@elca.ch>.

James.Strachan wrote:

> It is; in Java use stomp+ssl://hostname:port to configure it. You just
> need a Stomp client which also supports SSL

I am not sure that my Stomp client (PHP) supports SSL. BTW it is not very
clear for me where to find the "best" Stomp PHP library. I have found at
least 3:

- The one at codehaus, which uses deprecated "socket" functions.
- A patched one that solves the "socket" issue.
- A PHP 5 version.

Thanks for any clarification :-)

Pascal

PS: I am not sure that this is the right place for this question, or if I
should use the Stomp forum.

Re: Secure messaging?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--