Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Larry Gilliam <lg...@innovim.com> on 2010/09/29 18:13:20 UTC

Castor Marshalling within axis2 web service silently fails

Hello,

I'm using Castor to marshal an object to XML which I then give to
AxiomUtils.stringToOM( String xml ) to return from my axis2 web
service. But when I call marshal on the object, the resulting XML is
an empty string. There are no errors to indicate something went wrong.
When I run my class outside of Axis2 the same code works ( marshalling
gives me an XML string representation of the object ).

Does anyone know why this would happen? Has anyone had success
marshalling objects with Castor or another library like JAXB? I'm
trying to avoid manually building OMElements to return to the user.

I see something about an optional ContentHandler object I can give to
the marshal function, maybe I have to obtain one of those from Axis
and use it?

Thanks for any info.

-Larry